You’ll have to forgive me, I’m a bit cranky at the moment.
If you haven’t heard, winter storm Q is making its way through the Midwest (I have a brother-in-law in Omaha, Nebraska that is supposed to get up to 18 inches of snow!) I woke up this morning to find 5 inches new snow on the ground, with a couple more yet to come. Given the weather, I didn’t make my usual trip to the gym this morning. Not because I didn’t want to drive around in the snow, but because I knew that at 5:30am the school district would be calling to alert us that school was either delayed by 2 hours, or closed. So, I pulled the phone handset from my bedroom so that it ringing wouldn’t wake up Vonnie. Sure enough, at exactly 5:30am, the phone rang – school is 2 hours late.
I HATE it when school is two hours late. I have to stay home and make sure the kids get on the bus on time later in the morning which is a complete pain in the ass because it conflicts with meetings I’m supposed to attend at work. I can work remotely, but talking software engineering while cooking breakfast doesn’t always work out very well. Plus I have to find time to hit the gym later today.
Oh well, at least it’s Friday, right? Wait, it’s Friday? I guess that means it’s time to hand out some blogger love. I can do that, even if I am cranky.
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump:
- When A Good Deal … Really Isn’t from Afford Anything
- What in the World Are We Whining About? from Our Freaking Budget
- Living on What We Earn: A Learning Process from Beating Broke
- This Is Why Beyonce Will Never Be Your Friend from Your Finances Simplified
Shameless Self Promotion:
- Respect Your Money; be a Garbage Disposal is this week’s post in the CareOne Community
Kick Ass Giveaways:
- TurboTax Online Review (and Giveaway!) from Couple Money
- Giant-Size X-Men #1 Comic: The One That Started It All! from Take Our Stuff
- Enter to Win $250! With Valentine’s Day just behind us, what is your favorite, inexpensive, Date Night? from CareOne Debt Relief Services
I’m off to clear the driveway. Is Winter Storm Q affecting you today?