Our spending the last two weekends have been all about celebrations. Two weekends ago our son got confirmed, so we hosted a celebration with family and friends at our home. Last weekend we hosted our 17th annual Memorial Weekend party. In June the focus will shift towards purchasing some things for the family. Vonnie and I made a list of things that we need and/or want.
- First up, this weekend both Vonnie and Tristan will be getting some much needed new tennis shoes.
- The entire family is due for eye exams. Vonnie will get new glasses and Tristan a fresh supply of contacts. Most of this will be covered by insurance, thankfully.
- New bikes for both the kids as they’ve outgrown the ones they have.
The best part is that we can fit these things within our discretionary spending during the month of June as long as we pay attention to our spending and remember that May’s spending was largely on “fun” so June’s spending is concentrated on these needed items.
Check out my favorite links of the week, then leave a comment telling everyone what YOUR spending goals are for June. Have a great weekend!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Save Money: Get Rid of Cable! from Get Your Life Straight
- How I Paid Off $30,000 of Debt in Two Years from Blonde On a Budget
- How to Save Money When Hosting a Barbecue from My Personal Finance Journey
- What Would You Have Done? My Coupon Code Confession from Three Thrifty Guys
- Excuses Are Just Going to Hurt You from Plunged In Debt
- Mortgage Rates Jumping From My Money Counselor
- This Simple Budget Tweak Helped Me Save Thousands from Money Life And More
- Why Owning Up to Ourselves is the Most Important Step from Man Vs. Debt
Shameless Self Promotion
- Retirement Planning While on a DMP? Yes You Can! is this week’s post in the CareOne Community
Kick Ass Giveaways
- Coupon Chief Site Review Plus $50 Old Navy Giveaway! from Frugal Portland
- City Skyline Prints from Take Our Stuff