Vonnie and I are refinancing our mortgage, and we close today! The interesting thing is, given how the process works we skip our January mortgage payment. With that extra cash, we may have the ability to finish off our debt management program at the end of January instead of a month later. The downside is that it could take some serious penny pinching and all of our reserves. We’re not sure what path we’re going to take yet, but stay tuned here on EOD for how this developing scenario unfolds.
Now, let’s get those fists pumping!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Budgets Are a Bummer from I Heart Budgets
- A Craigslist Conundrum: What Would You Do? from Club Thrifty
- Wanna Get Out of Debt? You Gotta Get Mad and Naked! from Beyond Debt Freedom
- What to Do When You Wake up to Find Yourself Deep in Debt from The Frugal Farmer
Shameless Self Promotion
- Achieve Any Financial Goal with These 3 Steps is my post this week via MoneyNing
- Can You Refinance Your Home When Enrolled in a Debt Consolidation Program? is my post this week in the CareOne community
- How I Paid Off $100k in Debt is an interview I did over at Three Thrifty Guys
Emergency Fund Update
Not a paycheck week….no bump.
- Total Balance: $500
- Goal Balance: $1000 (by February 28th)
Marathon Training Update
Jefferson from See Debt Run and I have engaged in a friendly weight loss challenge for 2014, as we are at about the same current weight, and we have the same goal. I gained a bit this week, although I have made some changes to my workout routine and feel like I’m really getting back into my groove…watch out for next week’s weigh in, I feel like it’s gonna be a good one.
- 1/10 Weight : 209.9 (+0.5)
- Total Weight Loss: (-1.1)
- Goal Weight : 185.0