Howdy folks! Two of my 2010 resolutions for Enemy of Debt in the year 2010 were to 1) Engage subscribers more actively and 2) Build an active and supportive EOD community. That’s why I have decided to ask you to participate in a new feature post at EOD called “Manage Your Money”.
OTHER MANAGE YOUR MONEY POSTS
- Manage Your Money Sign Up
- Manage Your Money Pre-Challenge Post: On Paper On Purpose
- I Love You…Like A Blogger!
- WEEK ONE CHALLENGE: Manage Your Money – Wants Versus Needs (Mandatory participation to win prizes)
- WEEK TWO CHALLENGE: Teamwork, Accountability, and Kids (Mandatory participation to win prizes)
- WEEK THREE CHALLENGE: TBA March 15th (Mandatory participation to win prizes)
- WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE: TBA March 22nd (Mandatory participation to win prizes)
- BONUS CHALLENGE: TBA March 29th (Mandatory participation to win prizes)
- FINAL POST: TBA April 1st
Each challenge will be different, or introduce you to a different approach to managing your money by using different services or software. For instance the challenge listed below, will be introducing you to a calendar-based budgeting system put together by the folks over at Pocketsmith.com. (details below)
Other challenges may include other budgeting applications in order to give you a closer look at what service is best for you and your family. We all have different likes and dislikes. Budgeting can be fun, especially if you create a clear and concise plan. Try something new. Do a budget.
The March 2010 Manage Your Money Challenge
FEATURING: Pocketsmith (A calendar-based budgeting system)
This will be a 31 day challenge, that begins on March 1st and ends on March 31st. You may sign up now for your FREE Basic Membership, to familiarize yourself with the program. I have been given a complimentary 12 Month Premium Membership so that I may evaluate and learn the calendar-based budgeting system for myself. I will use this to my advantage, in order to better help you with your questions about the site and the budgeting software.
Personally, even with my limited experience using this system, I think I am going to like it. Visualization is the key and the one thing I like already is the fact that you can look at a calendar and see all income, and every expense right there. There are multiple features that help you plan and forecast your financial plan down to the detail. So far I like it.
Remember that any budgeting system you use takes time to learn, and it usually takes more than one month to master the skill. Let’s learn as much we can together! Are you with me?
If you have a budget that you already use, consider trying this for at least one month. I am very used to my EOD Deluxe Budget 2.0, but have decided that it will be more beneficial for me to give this a try. The way I see it, the more you try the more you know what you like. This budget may be for you, but you won’t know until you try it. I am looking for it to save me time, and keep me motivated to stick with my robust financial plan.
Currently, Pocketsmith.com is sponsoring this challenge by offering a very generous 12-MONTH POCKETSMITH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP upgrade to three of you absolutely FREE. That’s a $180 value—$60 per winner! I will be searching for other sponsors to enable me to giveaway additional prizes as well. Any other sponsors, and prizes, will be announced on the March 1st launch post. I myself, will be giving away four FPU DVD lessons and a No More Mondays book by Dan Miller. 😀
March has four full weeks plus two days in it, so I will put together four different lessons/challenges, as well as a bonus challenge. The winners of the 12-MONTH POCKETSMITH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIPS will be announced on March 31st, but I am hoping to have multiple winners each week, depending on the level of sponsorship I receive. (details below)
How You Can Help
You can be a sponsor by pledging to give personal finance books, gift cards, basically anything you want to give away, provided it is appropriate. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on Twitter at @enemyofdebt. You will of course gain a spot/link on each “Manage Your Money” post, as well as a short bio to help spread the word about your website or blog. (*website or blog must be approved by me.*)
Current Prize List: ($260 in prizes)
Weekly Prizes (March 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th)
- Financial Peace University DVD Lesson: Cash Flow Planning (8th) $20 Value
- Financial Peace University DVD Lesson: Dumping Debt (15th) Awesomely inspirational!
- Financial Peace University DVD Lesson: Relating With Money (22nd)
- Financial Peace University DVD Lesson: The Great Misunderstanding (29th)
- Total Money Makeover (Dave Ramsey) book
- Financial Peace Revisited (Dave Ramsey) book
- Financial Peace Junior Kit (ages 3-12)
- No More Dreaded Mondays (Dan Miller) book
- A Gift To My Children (Jim Rogers) book
- $25 Gift Card (Staples)
- $25 Gift Card (Amazon)
- Two iPhone “Pay Off Debt” Debt Snowball Apps
- Two Android “Pay Off Debt” Debt Snowball Apps
Updated: February 16th
Budgeting, paying off debt, relating to family and friends with money, and giving are such great lessons to learn!
Bonus Prize (March 31st)
- Financial Peace University Membership Kit ($100 value)
Grand Prizes (March 31st)
- 12 MONTH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP to Pocketsmith ($60 value)
- 12 MONTH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP to Pocketsmith
- 12 MONTH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP to Pocketsmith
- Pocketsmith (@kaedron)
- Bucksome Boomer (@bucksome)
- Budgets Are Sexy (@BudgetsAreSexy)
- Engaged Marriage (@EngagedMarriage)
- Make Mine Happen (@thegirlburgan)
- Cost Refuge (@blairmacgregor)
- Dave Ramsey – Lampo Group (@ramseyshow)
To enter this challenge all you have to do is:
- subscribe to Enemy of Debt. (There will be a secret password at the end of your email/rss feed that you will need to claim your prize.)
- go to Pocketsmith.com to sign up for your FREE Basic Membership.
- leave a comment below stating your intention to actively participate.
To Be Eligible For Prizes
- ANY Prize – YOU MUST complete all three entry requirements above.
- Weekly Prize – YOU MUST participate in post for that week.
- Bonus Prize – YOU MUST participate in 3 out of the 5 weeks. (week 5 only consist of 2 days)
- Grand Prize – YOU MUST participate in all 5 weeks.
Questions, Answers, and General Support Help
One of the things I want to accomplish with this, other than introducing you to a great budgeting system, will be to strengthen and provide community support here on Enemy of Debt. We will be using the comments section of each post to offer support to each other. Any questions, answers, or helpful info about Pocketsmith’s budgeting system and website, will be compiled into one post for later review by any and all readers. Your participation is appreciated. Pocketsmith also has plenty of support help to guide you in the process.
That’s pretty much it! I hope to see you participate and become an active subscriber in your journey to better financial management.
See you on March 1st! Please spread the word, thanks. 😀