Hello everyone! I rarely share personal info unless it is related to money. Mostly because I know that when you come to Enemy of Debt, you are mainly interested in getting out of debt. I want you to get what you are looking for when you visit so I avoid talking about certain topics, unless it is related to money.
However, I thought it would be fun to share with you a special behind the scenes look at me—the Enemy of Debt. Learn some random facts about yours truly. Why now? That’s simple—we just had a baby and I am on cloud nine, so I thought I would lighten things up a bit. Please enjoy! 😀
In 2009 I/we:
- got put on the map by Jim Kavanagh over at cnn.com causing Enemy of Debt to explode! (Thanks Jim!) I went from about 41 subscribers to now 294 since May of 2009, and I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!! 😉
- celebrated being married to my beautiful wife for 5 years! (Thank you Alana for putting up with me!)
- BECAME DEBT FREE BABY!!!!! (Thanks Dave Ramsey!)
- had a precious and healthy baby boy! (Thanks to God!)
- became a regular contributor at the Self Reliance Exchange to help encourage self-sufficiency! (Thanks to Clair and DDFD for the opportunity!)
All really wonderful and exciting experiences.
Now For 21 Random Facts About Me
(Number 20 may shock you!!)
- Favorite sport growing up: baseball – pitcher and shortstop. Played for 13 years.
- I was most known for: my killer curveball and accuracy as a pitcher.
- Have lived in: Virginia, New Mexico, & Oregon.
- I have: three beautiful children – Caitlin, Isaac, and Noah. (All pictured below!)
- I considered myself: an Atheist until the year 2004, which is when I became a Christian.
- I absolutely enjoy: reading, hiking, skiing, playing golf, darts, ping pong, pool, basketball, & blogging.
- I do not enjoy: watching sports on television.
- Regret to say I have never: been out of the country.
- 7 places I most want to visit: Greece, Italy, Israel, Japan, Australia, India, and Peru.
- My 3 favorite T.V. shows: Criminal Minds, Fringe, & Lost.
- I smoked cigarettes: for 14.5 of the last 19 years. Quit for good 2 years ago! Yay me!
- My 3 favorite types of food are: Italian, Indian, & Chinese.
- I am scared of: heights & not learning.
- Once flew to Florida to: replace a relatives roof, in the middle of the summer—for free. Did I say IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER? Seriously though, we saved her lots of money.
- Favorite hike in Virginia: Old Rag Mountain.
- Hates when: people smack when eating. (Agggh!) Nobody wants to hear you grazing!! It’s amazing to me that the people who do it—yeah you know who you are—act like they have no idea. That’s like finding yourself skiing at the top of a mountain, NAKED and saying you didn’t realize it.
- Is annoyed by: parents exploiting their kids for personal gain. (bubbleboy – I feel for you dude!)
- If I ever start a non-profit organization, it would be mainly focused on these two things: 1.) motivating and assisting struggling single-parents, and 2.) motivating and mentoring children that do not have a father figure, especially—but not limited to—orphans and foster children.
- Any tattoos?: Yes…this one, and I want at least two more. At least! 😀
- *Something you might not expect from me: at one-time—I had 5 earrings, a tongue ring, my eyebrow and my lip pierced. Too much? haha!
- Embarrassing life changing event – In 2003, I went to an interview once and actually asked this question: What is your policy on piercings? (smack! smack!) Needless to say I DID NOT get the job, in fact, the guy knew the very second that question came out of my mouth he wasn’t going to hire me. What makes it even more embarrassing is that it was a big opportunity for me at the time, and I was referred by a friend of a friend from the company. UPDATE: Piercing-Free since 2003. Hahaha! I don’t hate them per say, I just grew out of them.
My Beautiful Children
Caitlin Taylor (13)
Caitlin At Hospital After Birth
(will add one of Caitlin at hospital after I find one and scan it!)
Bradley Isaac (3)
Isaac At Hospital 1-3 Days After Being Born 2006
Joseph Noah (newborn)
My Beautiful Wife And I On Our Wedding Day
Blast From The Past – Isaac As A Chicken For Halloween 2007
Isaac was so cute! The second picture was hilarious because he just decided to sit down in that corner and look as if he just lost his job or something.
A Young Me Before Debt
My Favorite Christmas Ornament
These scissors were a gift from my first Financial Peace University class I led at my church. They have “Enemy of Debt” engraved on them!! ROCK ON FPU!
Notice the cut up credit card pieces that were placed in this ornament after we paid them off and closed each account for GOOD! We haven’t borrowed a penny since January of 2008, even though we were told it couldn’t be done!
Ornament reads: Financial Freedom…Priceless!!! Ornament is a gift I buy for anyone in my FPU class that cuts up there credit cards anytime during the 13 weeks.
Did You Know I Could Draw?
I guess I will need to get to work on Noah’s drawing now! ;D
ANTI-CREDIT CARD ART That I Created For EOD—You Like?
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me just a little bit better! Any comments?
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!