Can you believe that we are almost through the first quarter of 2012?! Insane. I feel like it just got started. I wanted to go through the goals I set up for this year and see how I’m doing so far. Below are the goals I had laid out and then I will give my progress in red.
- Set up a designated work area. I’ve been working a lot more in the office.
- Work only in work area. FAIL! While I’ve been working in the office a lot I’ve been working on the couch a lot too. I need to limit this. I’ve noticed I get very annoyed with my family when I’m trying to work in the living space. It’s not their fault. I just need to get up and go into the office.
- Set up an idea board showing open projects along with the next step that needs to be taken on each project. Super Win!! I made the board and I’m loving it.
- Start the “Money Talks Club”. A local get together where we can talk money. I started my group and we have met 5 times. Some great people have attended. I love this group! I believe it’s existence is what is going to lead to my success this year.
- Only play in play area. Avoiding work when I’m supposed to be playing will allow more quality time. As mentioned above. Big Fail!
- Earn at least $25,000 from all sources I am not on track for this at all, but I have some irons in the fire that should help me reach my goal. I’m currently at $1,900 for the year. I have a lot of work to do!!
- Save an average of $2,300 per month, which would be $27,600 for the year. That’s a lot, but if I make $25,000 it’s possible. I’m actually on track for this but it’s a fluke. We got our tax returns and my husband has been working a ton of overtime. I need to earn more money to make this happen long term.
- Put $6,000 of saved money into a car fund for the eventual replacement car This fund currently stands at $340. Not on track!
- Pay the balance of saved money ($21,600) to the mortgage on the rental property bringing it to $49,900. Again, income dependent
- Reallocate the money in my IRA (I’ll feel more confident about this if I read some books on investing.) I have someone who can help me do this… I just need to ask them.
- Get a cabin in Flaggstaff for a long weekend (Research cabin prices) Not started.
Visit Crater Lake (Find out if this is a day trip or if we will have to spend the night. Research prices.)I’ve decided not to do this after researching it. It would cost like $50 and I hear it’s not that great unless you see it from the air, which we’ve done.
- Disneyland! DONE!
- Wyoming at least once (Talk to Dad in the spring) Not started
- New England to visit my family (Research prices and find some money.) Not started.
- Read at least 3 books on marketing and sales. I have some downloaded onto my kindle… I just need reading time and motivation.
- Learn some basic web design. Not done at all.
- Read at least 2 books on investing. Not done at all.
- Work on trust (I don’t have actionable items for personal development. I just try to not bail on situations when I’m pushed to far in this area. I will try to take opportunities that stretch myself both trust and patience.) I’ve been actively working on trusting.
- Work on patience (I worked on bravery and patience in 2011. I’m hitting patience again because, well… it takes time!) Two people actually called me patient in the last month!! Amazing. And I was patient on a project when I wanted to give up and right after that it started to take off. So my patient work is paying off.