This is a guest post from Aaron at Clarifinancial.
I was emailing with Brad last week when he suggested I write a guest post. “It would be nice to share with my readers the importance of getting life insurance to begin with,” he said.
With that goal in mind, I’m going to try to tap into some of that Brad-passion to explain to you why the heck you need life insurance anyway. I normally ramble in some emotional deep-water metaphor type of stuff, so this will be different.
Look, you make money, you own things, and (if you’re reading this site) you owe things too. When you die, some of that will stop; some of it will keep on going. If people depend on you financially (hint: your spouse, partner, or kids), you owe it to them to take some responsibility and look at life insurance.
Man-up! – or woman-up! as the case may be – and get your life insurance quote today!
But I won’t die
When people start to think about life insurance, they often put up barriers. It’s natural to do that because we are talking about your death. But ignoring the future will only get you so far. Plan consciously.
If you’re one of those people who thinks you will not die – you’re wrong.
I can tell you stories about friends, family members, and neighbors who died in a car wreck, died of cancer, died of a heart attack, died of respiratory complications, were kidnapped (as an adult) and never seen again – all under the age of 40. All of these people left their families behind. Sometimes, that included young kids, a pregnant fiancé, or mourning spouses.
If you think you won’t die in the next few years, that’s fantastic! Not a lot of people have that confidence. Go ahead and get out your calendar to mark down the date you will die. That will make planning a lot easier.
Not so confident when you have to put down a date, are you?
You will die. We all will. That’s part of life. It’s just a matter of when.
Now, most of my friends, family members, and neighbors are still alive. And if you’re thinking you don’t want to protect the people you love because it’s unlikely you’ll die, I have some good news for you – that’s why life insurance is so cheap.
Life insurance is too expensive
Sometimes I hear people say life insurance is too expensive. I say that’s bull horse puckey.
Do you know how much life insurance you can afford for $30 or $120 per month? Probably not, because you’re too busy complaining about how expensive it is. Stop that and do something about it today.
If you have looked and still thought it was too expensive, one of two things are likely:
- You didn’t get competitive quotes from agents who are actually competing to get your business, ensuring you benefit from multiple points-of-view or
- Your priorities are out of order, in my humble opinion. How much do you spend on iGadgets, cell phones, and cable? Spending a lot on life now looks selfish if your loved ones won’t be able to continue when the unexpected happens to you.
I have seen people find affordable life insurance quotes who had diabetes, heart attacks, epilepsy, depression, and more. Your foreign travel, acid reflux, and high cholesterol is probably not that big of a deal. Let the experts research it for you.
Life insurance is too confusing
If you haven’t looked at life insurance because it’s too confusing, I can understand that.
Sometimes it seems there is so much information out there that is directly contradictory. Or you hear about all the bells and whistles of this policy that are slightly different than that policy. Over 500 life insurance companies, no single agent can know them all, each with a few different plans, and each plan with its own choices!
Life insurance confusion turns into apathy.
Don’t let the “I don’t care” monster creep in, to the detriment of your family’s future. It’s important to take a meaningful step today.
Now, there are a few other ways of getting life insurance quotes. And if that’s the only way you are going to get started today, do that instead because it’s that important.
But let me tell you why you might want to check out Clarifinancial:
- We don’t ask confusing questions.
- We ask enough questions so different types of agents will be able to compete against each other and show you their best quote.
- We use a standardized submission process that gets rid of confusing add-ons and doo-dads. You just see what is important to you.
- Once agents are done submitting what they think is best for you, you get to actually choose the one that really works best.
- Only the one agent you choose can use our system to get in contact with you, eliminating the need for a heavy sales talk or a barrage of emails and phone calls you get through other quote processes.
- Clarifinancial doesn’t sell life insurance, so we don’t limit what options agents show you or which one you choose.
There are lots of places to get life insurance quotes, so if you find something you like better than Clarifinancial, go for it. But don’t wait a second longer, get started today. Then tell me why it’s better so we can keep improving.