Happy New Year! I had to say it, since this is my first opportunity to love anyone like a blogger in 2013. There’s snow on the ground, and my family and I did some sledding over the last few weeks. Soon the novelty of Winter will wear off, and we’ll be looking forward to warmer weather. The good news is we’ve passed the Winter Solstice and the days are again getting longer. It’s practically Spring, right? They say people in the Midwest live longer because we’re always optimistic and looking forward to the next season. Always having something to look forward to apparently is good for your well-being.
Which is exactly why I do these roundup posts every Friday – to give you something to look forward to. Hey, reading Enemy of Debt will make you live longer.
- Financial Choices and Their Impact 5 Years Later from Couple Money
- Tracking Your Spending Will Change Your Life from Money Talks Coaching
- Effective Budgeting Strategies for the Over-40 Crowd from My Personal Finance Journey
- Seven Credit Card Warning Signs Of Debt Trouble and The Debt Movement from Money Q and A
- The Fiscal Cliff 411 from Fabulous and Frugal
This next post is so cool that I just had to give it a special shout out. My friends over at CareOne Debt Relief Services were a sponsor of the NCAA Military Bowl last week. In a special ceremony, CareOne’s founder Bernie Dancel presented a check to Military Serviceman Staff Sergeant Andrew Landis paying off the remainder of his family’s debt!
How cool is that?!?! Check out the video -it’s only two and a half minutes long, and is very inspirational.
Here’s a link to a video of the actual ceremony: CareOne Services, Inc. Pays Off Debt for One Special Serviceman Video
- The Art of Meaningful and Inexpensive Gift Giving is my latest at My Personal Finance Journey
- Money Out of Sight, Money Out of Mind was posted over the weekend in the CareOne Community
- The Budget; Let’s Keep it Real is normally scheduled post in the CareOne Community
Kick Ass Giveaways:
- January 2013 #Giveaway from Master The Art Of Saving
- What Would You Do With $2013.00 (Giveaway)? from Plunged in Debt
Enjoy the first weekend of 2013, and check back Monday morning for a brand new post!