It’s been a rather exciting week in the Pizel household.
First, we closed on our mortgage refinance last Friday and now have our mortgage nicely wrapped up in one fixed rate loan. More on that adventure in an upcoming staff post bia My Personal Finance Journey. Watch my twitter feed for when it goes live, or check here in next week’s Shameless Self Promotion section. 🙂
This was the first full week implementing the home grown weight loss plan I cooked up using lessons learned from getting our finances back on track. As per the info in the newly renamed Weight Loss Update section, I lost 4.9 pounds. In one week. How freaking awesome is that? I had a kick ass week with my workouts, and I feel like I’m eating cleaner (lots of fruits, veggies and water), but I also am not depriving myself since we are otherwise eating generally the same as we had been – just less of it.
After that surprisingly awesome weigh in, I feel like fist pumping…..
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Confession: Advertisers Dupe Me From Hassle Free Savings
- What Financial Freedom Looks Like from Three Thrifty Guys
- Do We Inflict Peer Pressure On Ourselves? from Beating Broke
- Are You Obsessed About Becoming Debt Free? from Beyond Debt Freedom
- Talk Yourself Out of Debt- How to Create a New Script from Celebrating Financial Freedom
- Things Or Experiences? Which Is A Better Use Of Your Money? from Money Life And More
Shameless Self Promotion
- How to Take Your Family of 4 on Vacation for Under $1,000 is my post this week at MoneyNing
- Staying Active is the Key to Success with Your Debt Consolidation Plan is my post this week in the CareOne Community
Emergency Fund Update
- Total Balance: $600
- Goal Balance: $1000 (by February 28th)
Weight Loss Update
- 1/17 Weight : 205 (-4.9)
- Total Weight Loss: (-6.0)
- Goal Weight : 185.0