My daughter is six weeks into her first year in college, and is already looking to shake things up. She lives in the dorms, and we told her she didn’t have to have a job her first year so she could focus on her studies and getting acclimated to a more independent life. Well, she starts a new job on Monday and her and a friend she met in the dorms are already looking at apartments for next year. This is an opportunity to have great financial discussions with her regarding budgeting, rent, utilities, damage deposits and other independent living subjects.
Fist pump for financial education, and my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- 7 Cheap Field Trips to Take Your Kids on This Fall from Everything Finance
- Emergency Fund vs Rainy Day Fund. Do I really need both? from Financial Best Life
- How a No-Spend Challenge Can Work For You from Life And My Finances
- How to Lower Internet Bill – 8 Simple Ways to Try from Money Q & A
- 4 Ways to Add Money to Your Emergency Fund Fast from One Cent At A Time