Happy Fist Pump Friday! OK, I’m a little late this weekend, but I wanted to check in with the EOD Nation because there’s been some exciting financial developments recently.
In September of 2019 I tore the Achilles Tendon in my right foot and had to have surgery to repair it. Both my wife and daughter also incurred significant medical bills late 2019, and early 2020. I worked with the medical provider to be put on a payment plan to a.) maximize the amount of pre-tax HSA funds I could use to pay the bills b.) minimize the impact to the monthly budget. With December’s middle of the month paycheck, and contribution to our HSA, we were able to make our final payment to our medical bills. Our account at our medical provider now has a balance of ZERO! That means we can now begin to build up our HSA for future needs, AND we get a significant chunk of money added back into our monthly budget!
I was presented with an unexpected salary increase. Getting a raise is always a good thing, but it’s spectacular this time of year.
Switching Cable and Internet Providers
As I discussed in a post earlier this month, we are saving over $80 a month after switching our cable and internet provider.
We were able to consolidate some credit accounts which not only put the debt on a finite payment plan, but also reduced our monthly payments.
With these developments, our monthly budget looks significantly different. I feel humbled and blessed that we’re in this position given the tough economic conditions right now due to the pandemic.
Fist pump for positive financial changes, and my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Operation Focus on Money Must Begin: how to inventory your finances from The Money Principle
- How Has Your Food Spending Changed During The Pandemic? from Boomer and Echo
- How to Compare Prices Using Google Shopping from Clever Dude
- Credit Cards: 6 Tips to Help You Avoid Getting In Over Your Head From DINKS Finance
- How to Focus on More Experiences Over Things This Holiday Season from Everything Finance
- Small Changes…They Can Transform Your Life! From Life And My Finances
- Use These 7 Tips For Financial Stability in Your Marriage from Newlyweds On A Budget
- Is a Car an Asset or a Liability? from Well Kept Wallet