My daughter handed me an unusually heavy plastic bag, which I quickly realized was full of coins.
“Isn’t there a place where you can take these to turn them into money?” she asked smiling.
I listed several places I could take her coins:
- The CoinStar machine at Walmart, which was most convenient but would take 10% of her money as payment.
- The coin counter at our local bank
She scoffed at paying to convert her coins into paper money, and asked if I would take it to our local bank.
She collected all the loose coins she had from her car, her purse, and in her desk drawers thinking she could find a better use for them. We both guessed how much money was in the bag, and we’ll find out today who was closer.
Fist pump for finding “free” money, and my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- How to Sell Used Appliances for Cash Near Me from Frugal Rules
- How to Make a Budget in a Spreadsheet from Young Adult Money
- Why Slow FI is Better For Me Than FIRE from Life And My Finances
- How to Take Your Garage Sale to the Next Level from Debt Discipline
- Here is What You Must Not Do if You Want to Pay off Your Debt Fast from The Money Principle