My daughter will be turning 16 in just a few short weeks, and what she wants for her birthday is to have a dance with her friends. Nothing fancy or elaborate, just a big open space with music and order pizza. We found a building on our county fair grounds that has lots of parking, big space, and reasonable to rent. While I thought we were done with the whole big birthday party scene, we want to do this for her sweet sixteen party. Even though it is rather reasonable, it’s still not a trivial amount of money. I agreed to go down this route as long as we don’t have any “party creep,” as in new expenses just keep added until it’s out of hand. Here’s to hoping we all stay the course…..
To help me (and you) stay motivated financially, here are my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- The Hidden Costs of College from Debt Discipline
- 9 Best Places to Watch Free Movies Online from Frugal Rules
- 8 Best Ways to Get a Cheap Gym Membership from Well Kept Wallet
- How To Bounce Back From A Financial Setback from 4 Hats and Frugal
- Store Closings in 2018: 4 Tips for Making the Most of Liquidation Sales from MoneyNing