I’ve had two very different dining out experiences in the span of a week. Earlier this week I wrote about a bad experience in which I overpaid for food that wasn’t that great. Last night, my wife and I paid $50 each for a special event beer paring dinner at a local restaurant. The total price of the meal was $100 for the two of us, but it was fantastic. The event was a five course meal, each paired with a beer from a local microbrewery. I expected the meal to be good as we’ve eaten at the restaurant before. I guess the bottom line is, sometimes expensive meals are worth it, sometimes they’re not. Sometimes you have to trust your gut, and sometimes you can rely on previous experience at a known location.
Fist pump for great food, and my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Teaching Young People How to Be Smart with Their Money from Debt Discipline
- Some Ways Of Saving Money May Cost You More In The End from Eric Nisall
- Does Healthy Food Really Cost More Money? from Everything Finance
- 13 Best Groceries to Buy on a Cash Budget from Hassle Free Savings
- How Much Is Eating Out at Restaurants Really Costing You? from Money Crashers