I’m working from home today, with a 20 pound brisket on the smoker. It’s the largest brisket I’ve ever made so I’m interested in how it turns out. It’s for our annual Memorial Weekend party (I’ll be freezing the finished product for awhile) and all I can think of is how much cash I’m saving my being able to make this myself. Roughly speaking, out of a 20 pound brisket (after trimming fat and cooking) I’ll probably get about 12 pounds of meat. Buying smoked brisket from a BBQ place for catering will run anywhere from $10 to $15 a pound or more. That’s be over 3x what I paid for the brisket!
Fist pump for great homemade BBQ, and for my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- The Cheap Weekend Vacation from See Debt Run
- Why I’m Happy I Paid Off My Car Loan from Couple Money
- 6 Easy Tips for Saving Money This Summer from Money Beagle
- 5 Reasons You Should Get Your Financial Act Together NOW from The Frugal Farmer
- Who Cares About Interest Rates? How to Rank Your Cards for Debt Repayment from Life And My Finances