My family and I are headed out of town today for a family event tomorrow. Family from various parts of the Midwest will be coming together and staying in the same hotel this evening. As my wife was booking our room, she found that we had accumulated enough points through the hotel chain’s rewards program to get a free night’s stay. BONUS! We don’t stay in hotel’s often, but my wife is diligent in making sure we get our points. This is the first time we’ve accumulated enough points for a free room. We may be going out of town and staying in a hotel, but it’s going to be easy on the budget!
Fist pump for hotel rewards programs, and for my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Expense Tracking Worksheet from DINKS Finance
- Top Habits the Rich and Successful Do Daily from MoneyNing
- Times When You Shouldn’t Make Any Financial Decisions from Plunged In Debt
- Do You Really Need That? How to Stop Making Impulse Purchases from Frugal Rules
- Grandma’s Top 10 Frugal Habits That Were Right on the Money from Life And My Finances