Our finances feel very strange at the moment. We’re 4 days from payday, and we’re not trying to stretch every dollar trying to make it until the next infusion of income – which was the standard method of operation for so many years. We have our budgeted amounts for groceries, gas, and allowance for the kids plus our own weekend entertainment fund. Did I mention we have a baby emergency fund too? That’s the power of sitting down and having twice a week budget discussions with Vonnie, making a detailed spending plan, and most importantly actually sticking to it.
I just checked our bank account balances to make sure I wasn’t dreaming – the amounts add up, it’s all there. Un – freaking – believable.
On to my favorite posts of the week……
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- It’s a Good Sign: Stuff I Own Is Falling Apart from American Debt Project
- Digging Out of Debt? Treat Yo Self from The Empowered Dollar
- Get Out of Debt Guy Gets a Collection Notice from The Get Out of Debt Guy
- The Fine Line Between Frugality and Living Life from Plunged In Debt
- My Son Eats Deadly Weapons for Dinner from So Over This
- Having a Budget vs. Being on a Budget from A Straight Talk On Debt
Shameless Self Promotion
- Gym Habits are Like Life Habits is my post this week in the CareOne Community
- Why Entertainment Is an Essential Part Of Your Budget is my latest staff post at My Personal Finance Journey
Kick Ass Giveaways:
- The Most Frugal, Versatile Pantry Item Missing From Your Life: Coconut Oil Giveaway from The Empowered Dollar
- Cobra Cane w/ Hidden Blade: Your Supervillain Starter Kit from Take Our Stuff