On May 2nd, we had 15 inches of snow dumped on us. On May 14th temperatures soared into the middle 90s. My son, who inexplicably is somehow 14 years old already and will be entering high school next year, is being confirmed this weekend.
Life is crazy.
Even more crazy, we received a flyer in the mail for that 14 year old son to signup for driver’s training. $350. Really? My public school supplied that class for free for everyone when I was his age. I could just say it’s too expensive and not have him do it, but in reality I’m just trying to keep him from growing up. Sometimes both Vonnie and I have a hard time dealing with how fast time is flying by. It makes me want to go to my happy place and hide out for awhile.
Maybe reading some awesome blog posts will help……
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- In Life & Finances, You Are More Adaptable Than You Think from Budget Blonde
- The More You Have…The More You Spend From A Straight Talk On Debt in the CareOne Community
- Credit is Not the Enemy, You Are! from Dollarversity
- The Weirdest Personal Finance Advice on Earth from Afford Anything
- Living Paycheck to Paycheck? How You Can Get Ahead (Part 2) from Celebrating Financial Freedom
Shameless Self Promotion
- Sick of Talking About Money! is my post this week in the CareOne community
- Can My Son Earn a Computer by Mowing Lawns? is my latest staff post at My Personal Finance Journey
Kick Ass Giveaways
- $100 Kohl’s Gift Card from Take Our Gift Cards