As a software engineer, I have to come up with innovative ways to solve problems in the code that I write. Sometimes that creativity leads to patent applications. One of the perks of my job is that my employer gives us a monetary award for each idea that is deemed worthy of a patent application by the legal team. In the last month I’ve had two such ideas marked as requiring a patent application, which will result in a nice bump in funds in an upcoming paycheck. Within the personal finance circles there’s a lot of talk about unexpected expenses and having an emergency fund in place to handle them. It’s nice to an unexpected income for once!
Oh yeah, I suppose you’re looking for some links. I aim to please, so let’s get to it.
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Why People Have a Tough Time Shopping for Debt Help from The Get Out of Debt Guy
- Relentless People Get What They Want from Celebrating Financial Freedom
- The One Skill Anyone Can Learn to Make (and Save) More Money from Money Crush
- Preventing Money Leaks from Dr Cabler in the CareOne Community
- Why I Didn’t Put My Life On Hold Because of Debt from Plunged In Debt
Shameless Self Promotion
- Save Money Using a Wireless Provider is my post this week in the CareOne Community
Have a fantastic weekend!