The kids are off of school Thursday and Friday of this week so we decided to something fun with them. We live about an hour south of the Minneapolis/St.Paul metropolitan area, and door to door it’s about 70 minutes to the Mall Of America. In the middle of the mall is an indoor amusement park called Nickelodeon Universe. I get all day ride wrist bands at a great discount (about 33% off), which helps with the cost. We allowed them each to bring one friend, and we spent the day riding rides, checking out a few stores, and then meeting friends and family that live in the area for dinner at one of our favorite Italian Restaurants. It was a fantastic day, but now I’m ready to spend the rest of the weekend just lounging.
What do you have going on this weekend? I hope it includes some fist pumping….
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- 6 Ways to Stay Motivated While Eliminating Debt from The Heavy Purse
- The Difference Between Jealousy and Envy from Club Thrifty
- Why You’ll Never Be Happy Keeping Up With the Joneses from The Frugal Farmer
- What I Know About Myself and Money from Budget And The Beach
- How to Talk About Money Without Starting a Fight from Couple Money
Shameless Self Promotion
Other fist-pumping posts I wrote, or appeared in this week from around the personal finance blogosphere:
- 3 Reasons You MUST Have an Emergency Fund Before Paying Off Debt via Money Ning
- Three Reasons I Need to Reconcile my Checking Account Every Day in the CareOne Community