Today is my son’s 16th birthday! We have him scheduled to take his road test next week, and as you might expect he’s excited about it. Having a driver’s license will bring him a whole new level of freedom and mobility. It will also bring with it extra expenses. Our insurance is going up, and he’ll need to pay for gas if he wants to get around. As a 16 year old he now has many more options to get his first part-time job. In addition to filling the gas tank, he has things he wants to buy, including his own car. So the job search is on, and I’m looking forward to watching him grow and experience these new opportunities!
Get your fist up, and join me in a happy birthday fist pump for my son!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- What’s Your Financial Weakness? from Beating Broke
- 6 Lies That Broke People Believe from The Frugal Farmer
- Why I’m Breaking Down When it Comes to Debt from Frugal Rules
- Why Debt Repayment Has To Be A Self-Imposed Fixed Expense from Plunged In Debt
- 5 Things You Can Do Right Now to Get Your Financial Breakthrough from Celebrating Financial Freedom
Shameless Self Promotion
- Can Public Transportation Replace A Car? via My Personal Finance Journey
- Costco Membership Hacks: 2 Little-Known Travel Discounts via MoneyNing