The family and I are on our mid-winter getaway with 4 other families at the Kalahari Hotel in Wisconsin Dells. They have an indoor water park that includes this kneeboard ride that is a TON of fun. If you’ve never seen one of these before, streams of water are shot up an incline giving you the ability to kneeboard, and have it seem like you’re on an actual wave. It’s super fun and I was pumped to do it again. Unfortunately, during our first day at the water park I found out the hard way that my new swim trunks are unable to be tied tight enough to resist the pressure of the water streams. I tried twice, and both times my shorts ended up around my ankles. Let me tell you, being completely bare assed in front of a crowd of water park goers was quite an experience. They had to shield me with towels so I could, uh, gather myself. Luckily I brought a back up pair of trunks I’m trying out today…..hopefully I don’t get arrested for public nudity.
Even though I’m on vacation, I still managed to do some PF blog reading, the usual categories below- check ’em out, and have a great weekend!
- You Couldn’t Pay Me $$$ to ____ from Our Freaking Budget
- 44 Things I Never Buy: What’s on Your List? from Bargain Babe
- The Psychology of Debt – A Battle Between Your Two Brains from The Debt Movement
- The Mighty “10 Rule” from Budgets Are Sexy
- The Unfortunate Effects of Debt is this week’s post in the CareOne Community
Kick Ass Giveaways
- CareOne Gives Back Giveaway: Resolutions Rock from CareOne Debt Relief Services
- Ernest Hemingway Combo from Take Our Stuff
Wish me luck on the kneeboard – I hope the backup swim trunks work out!