We had a major snow storm hit Minnesota (and surrounding states) yesterday, with a blizzard warning still in effect as I write this. Ten inches of wet, heavy snow was dumped on us over the last twenty four hours. It’s not record breaking, but it is a major storm. Some surrounding neighborhoods lost power, but thankfully we did not. It’s times like this that I’m extremely thankful for a home to keep me warm and safe. As an added positive, being stuck at home gives me time to catch up on my blog post reading, such as my favorite posts below.
You know the drill, get those fists up.
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Are Credit Card Companies to Blame? from Plunged In Debt
- Why The Little Things Matter from The Broke and Beautiful Life
- How Much “Stuff” Do You Own? from Beating Broke
- Parents Don’t Let Your Kids Grow Up To Become Like This from DollarVersity
- Mistakes That Keep People in Debt from Eyes On The Dollar
Shameless Self Promotion
- A 3-Step Plan for Earning Some Extra Cash & Decluttering Your Home is my post this week at MoneyNing
- What do You Need to Enjoy Life? is my post this week in the CareOne Community
- Personal Finance Interview with Travis Pizel for Mint.com is an interview I did for Mint
Weight Loss Update
Small loss, but I’ll take it. I’m ramping up my cardio and giving a little less focus to strength training.
- 2/21 Weight : 209.9 (-0.4)
- Total Weight Loss: -3.3
- Goal Weight : 185.0