I didn’t love anyone like a blogger last week. Instead I announced that Vonnie and I had made our final payment to our debt management program, which is GREAT news, but it has me itching for some fist pumping action.
In other news, you’ll notice my emergency fund section has disappeared. The reason is we utilized all the resources we had to knock off that credit card debt early. But not to worry, in one week our emergency fund will be at the desired $1000. Our first payment on our newly refinanced mortgage isn’t due until March 1st, but our old mortgage payment usually came out of our middle of the month funds. That means we don’t have a mortgage payment in February to make either, giving us the ability to fulfill the $1000 emergency fund goal completely on February 15. With that statement, that section of this weekly blogger love fest has come to a conclusion.
From a weight loss standpoint….ugh don’t get me started. Remember that great weight loss I reported a few weeks ago? Vonnie got on the Wii Fit and it told her she lost 13 pounds. We started to wonder if something was off kilter a bit. Upon investigation we noticed one of the plastic feet of the Wii Fit board had fallen off. Since I didn’t notice until well after I published, there was no taking it back. So, a more accurate weight is listed below, and I’m not happy. I have what I believe is a great plan to lose weight….if only I could stick to it. I’m having major issues not cheating. All I can do is keep trying – so I’m wiping the slate clean, and starting fresh as of TODAY. Your support would be appreciated – even if it’s a comment saying, “Hey stop shoving crap in your pie hole already!”
And with that, let’s get our fists pumping, after all, it’s been two weeks since our last pump:
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Three things to consider when shopping for your next vehicle from Young Adult Money
- 9 Money Myths & Mistakes That Could Cost You from Money Crashers
- Embarrassing Ways to Save Money from Club Thrifty
- How to Save Money When Shopping for Electronic Devices From Get Your Life Straight
- How Much Money Do You Actually Need to Retire? from Richmond Savers
Shameless Self Promotion
- Should We Have Declared Bankruptcy Instead of Paying Off $109,000 of Debt? is my post this week at MoneyNing
- Part 2 -Refinancing Our Home While Enrolled in a Debt Consolidation Program is post post this week in the CareOne Community
Weight Loss Update
I’m out of town this weekend, so I couldn’t do my usual Friday Morning weigh in……next update will be next week.
- 2/7/ Weight : 213.2
- Total Weight Loss: 0 <— STARTING OVER
- Goal Weight : 185.0