This Sunday is Father’s Day, so I’d like to give an extra special fist pump to all the dads out there! The best gift I received from my wife for Father’s Day was very simple: Time. I’m a busy guy, constantly in motion doing things to keep the household running. One year she told me that for the afternoon I could do whatever I wanted. I decided to finally get to trimming the trees in the front yard of the home we lived in at the time. I just couldn’t ever seem to find the time to get it done, but I spent all afternoon outside on a gorgeous afternoon doing yard work, then I went for a run. Best Father’s Day ever!
Let’s keep those fists pumping for my favorite posts of the week!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- The Money Secrets Parents Keep from Their Kids from The Heavy Purse
- Credit Karma Review: Free Credit Scores (Really) from Three Thrifty Guys
- It Isn’t My Fault I Stink With Money from Stacking Benjamins
- How To Dispute a Medical Bill from Eyes On The Dollar
- Being Poor Is Expensive from My Money Counselor
Shameless Self Promotion
Other fist-pumping posts I wrote this week from around the personal finance blogosphere:
- It’s Time to Start Building for the Future in the CareOne Community
- How We Got Out of a Financial Bind Using Our Car as Collateral at Money Ning