Welcome to August, EOD Nation! August has traditionally been a challenging month financially for us, as it is when we pick up the things our kids need for the upcoming school year. In years past this meant checking out Old Navy and Kohls because we had store credit cards for those retailers and we could get new clothes without having to spend any money immediately out of pocket. Over the last few years, with the lines of credit unavailable due to our debt management program, we have struggled to save up the funds needed to get clothes and school supplies. We worked our way though it by buying things in pieces over the course of a few months.
This year, without that huge debt management program payment to be made each month, getting ready for the school year will be a breeze. It’s budgeted, funded, and all that is required is the time to go buy the stuff.
Straight Cash Homey! (bonus points if you can identify that reference).
It’s got me in the mood to fist pump…..get ’em up!
Posts That Make Me Fist Pump
- Can You Go To Jail If You Don’t Pay A Debt? from Bible Money Matters
- How to Start an Envelope System and Budget With Cash from Celebrating Financial Freedom
- Who Wears the Financial Pants in Your Family? from Club Thrifty
- Make Consolidation Loans Work from My Money Counselor
- 5 Ways to Break the Cycle of Living Paycheck-to-Paycheck from My Personal Finance Journey
Shameless Self Promotion
Other fist-pumping posts I wrote, or appeared in this week from around the personal finance blogosphere:
- Never Forget You’re in Love in the CareOne Community
- 3 Ways to Stay On Budget at the County Fair at MoneyNing
TeamEOD Was Recently Included In The Following Carnivals
Carnival of MoneyPros hosted by His Finance
Carnival of Retirement hosted by Home Money Easy
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie hosted by Disease Called Debt
Carnival of Money hosted by Carnival of Money