It’s a well known fact customers save money buying items in bulk at Costco. But there’s another way to save money at Costco that makes a membership worth the price all by itself. The product I’m talking about is gift cards, and you can save big time purchasing gift cards at Costco.
My wife and I stop into Costco each and every time we go to our favorite restaurant. It’s unbelievably convenient given it’s literally right across the street. Buying a gift card from Costco saves us 25% on our bill.
Checkout more details on how to save money by buying gift cards at Costco.
The gift cards available at any given Costco varies by location as many local retailers are featured. Here are some examples of gift cards available at my local Costco:
- A local restaurant group sells two $50 gift cards ($100 value) for $75 for a savings of $25. This is the gift card my wife and I buy over and over.
- A local pizza place sells four $25 gift cards ($100 value) for $70 for a savings of $30.
- One of our movie theaters offers two tickets for $16 (Value $26) for a savings of $10.
- Four $25 Cold Stone Creamery gift cards ($100 value) sells for $70, for a savings of $30.
- Nickelodeon Universe Amusement Park (located in the Mall Of America in the Twin Cities, Minnesota) all day wrist bands are 40% off.
There’s no limit of how many you can purchase, and they never seem to run out of them.
Gift cards with similar savings can be found at Costco.com for many national chains including:
- P.F. Chang’s: Two $50 gift cards ($100 value) for $80
- Macaroni Grill: Two $50 gift cards ($100 value) for $75
- Buca Di Beppo: Two $50 gift cards ($100 value) for $70
- Smashburger: Four $25 Gift Cards ($100 Value) for $70
- Cold Stone Creamery: Four $25 gift cards ($100 value) for $70.
- Krispy Kreme: Four $15 gift cards ($60 value) for $45.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Two $50 gift cards ($100 value) for $80.
With a little math it’s easy to figure out it only takes a few gift card purchases to recoup the yearly Costco membership fee of $60.
How about you, EOD Nation, have you checked out the gift card selection at Costco?